- The ability to exchange ideas and information with other members
- Professional recognition from others in the industry and the public
- Information about, and a public voice on, issues concerning the forestry industry
- Opportunities and incentives to continue professional development
- Keeping up with forestry trends through our fortnightly email newsletter and The New Zealand Journal of Forestry
- Opportunities to build industry networks with other members
- Opportunities to attend and participate in NZIF Local Section events and the annual NZIF Conference.